Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All we wanted was a feeding tube

Almost two months ago we came into the hospital for what I thought was going to be a simple procedure.I thought we would be in the hospital for two weeks top while he was healing from his g-tube surgery.Boy was I wrong.During these two months Brady has had:
-enlarged liver
-elevated liver enzymes
-low blood sugar that required emergency shots to bring it back up
-MRI to make sure he didn't have a brain tumor
-a new diagnosis 
Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation


-uncontrollable seizures they he has all day and night


-can't tolerate his feedings


-muscle biopsy that came back abnormal


-Probably more but that's all I can think of right now





As you can see Brady has had a tough time.I think he is basically over the hospital.I am too.It's been a long time and I'm not sure I see an end in sight.I just want him to get better.I want my happy baby back.It's hard seeing him miserable.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, you have had a rough time! I sure hope they can get to the bottom of Brady's current problems. I hate seizures. The doctors seem to have no idea what to do about them if they don't respond well right away. :(

    I will be following your blog and thinking of your Brady.

    ReplyDelete