Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Breaking out Any Day Now

Brady has been officially off continuous feeds since Monday.It was a long journey to get him to where he needs to be. It took 2 months for him to reach goal with feeds. He did bolus with the syringe for the first two days. His doctor is hesitant that he might have another set back so he is getting bolus over an hour.It's not what I want but at least I finally get to hold him.It had been almost three months of not holding my baby.
He is also very,very close to getting discharged.I'm happy and I'm nervous.We have been here for so long.I have not left the hospital at all during his time in the hospital.I have no idea what I'm going to do once I don't have a call button,no one to change him,give him meds,etc.It's all going to be on me.

He has his first set of equipment coming tomorrow.He got his helmet today.Because of his microcephaly,I think the helmet is too big.Hopefully he can grow into it.Tomorrow he gets hi suction machine,oxygen,and apnea.It's going to be different going home with all the things we never used.He came into the hospital on 1 medicine.He's leaving on 8.I'm just glad that he's getting better.He had a very hard few weeks but he has bounced back.He is a real fighter.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear he'll finally be going home soon! You've been so strong for him!

    ReplyDelete